Concordia, 22 km north-east of Springbok, owes its origin to the missionary zeal of the Rhenish Mission Society. Dating from 1852, it was also the site of copper mining operations and served as temporary headquarters for Boer forces during the Anglo-Boer War.
History and Architecture
Concordia Graveyard: The graves of Rhenish missionaries are next to those of Boer soldiers who died during the Anglo-Boer War.
Granite Ore Bins: The ore bins at the old Tweefontein and New Prospect mines are good examples of Cornish Stone Masonry.
Rhenish Mission Church: The church dates back to 1852 when the mission was first established.
United Reform Church: Cornishmen built this church in 1875. The organ dates from 1915.
Orbicule Koppie: The orbicular diorite rocks on this hill to the west of the village, are a rare geological phenomenon, created when granitoid magmas separated while in a fluid state. One granite type then formed orbs within a ground mass of slightly different composition.