Reivilo is situated 100 km to the south-west of Vryburg on the Ghaap Plateau. The town was previously called Cathcart West and later “Klein Boetsap” (1890) before it was changed to Reivilo – Olivier spelt backwards. Rev AJ Olivier was the Dutch Reformed Minister at the time of the town’s establishment in 1883 as a Dutch Reformed Church parish. The town supports a farming community as well as lead and zinc industries.
Adventure And Sport
Wolf Lodge and Reivilo Club: The Wolf Lodge and the Reivilo Club offer excellent facilities for a weekend in the sun playing sport or enjoying a barbecue.
History And Architecture
Historical buildings: Do take time to visit the various historic buildings in the town such as the Dutch Reformed Church Hall, the Museum, the Parsonage and the Old Mission Parsonage.