The village dates from 1880 and was named after a local farmer, Van Wyk. Near town, the first dam ever to be built with state funds, the Van Wyksvlei Dam, dates from 1882 and is still in operation.
Adventure and Sport
Hunting: Contact the Northerninformation. Cape Hunters’ Association for more info
Archaeology and Palaeontology
San Rock Art: Make arrangements to seeSpringbokoog. the rock art on the farm